For all its beauty, spring is a difficult time of year for allergy sufferers, especially those who have trouble with mold. Mold and fungi live both indoors and outdoors. They can be found everywhere from lawns and parks, to inside windows and walls in the home. Some molds are neutral—unless you have an allergy—while others are deadly. Fortunately, there’s a lot we can do with essential oils to eliminate mold and protect our health.
When I found mold growing inside my windows at home, I not only had the windows professionally cleaned using Thieves Household Cleaner, and the caulking replaced, I also used Thieves as well as Purification essential oil blends and Thieves Household Cleaner to counter the impact that mold might have had on myself and my daughter.
Here are the 8 ways I recommend protecting yourself from mold at home. I use the first two steps regularly, and the rest if and when mold is found:
1. Preventing mold at home is as easy as diffusing Thieves blend and other YL oils regularly. It doesn’t have to be constant, but running Thieves in your diffuser once a week and occasionally adding Purification will do a lot to prevent problems.
2. Wear essential oils like Thieves and RC that protect the respiratory and immune system against whatever mold exposure you may happen into. It’s virtually impossible to know if your workplace or your car has a little bit of mold, but you can use oils to make sure what’s there doesn’t affect your health.
If you know you have mold at home…
3. Don’t reach for the bleach! Bleach and other industrial chemicals used to remove mold are incredibly toxic to have in your living space. Worst of all, they don’t work on toxic mold. Tests done with a bleach wash versus Thieves household cleaner showed that toxic mold regrows on surfaces that have been treated with bleach, but not on Thieves-treated surfaces. The essential oils in Thieves blend actually kill mold spores so they can’t regrow—something that bleach isn’t able to fully do.
4. Treat surfaces with Thieves cleaner. Toxic mold in walls, windows, or other parts of the home may require renovations. Whether you have a small amount of mold in your furnace room, or a lot of it in your window frames, treating all surfaces with Thieves cleaner is your best bet for removing fungi and preventing regrowth.
5. Diffuse Thieves oil in your home during mold removal and for at least two weeks afterward to kill any airborne mold spores.
6. Repair water leaks in your roof, basement, and elsewhere in the home to eliminate the kind of conditions that help mold grow.
7. Have professional testing done to find out what kind of mold you have. Toxic mold needs to be treated much more carefully than a little bit of ordinary mold in the back corner of your basement, so it’s best to know what you’re dealing with.
8. Consider doing a cleanse to eliminate mold from your body. Mold spores are incredibly invasive and virulent; they can silently infect your body for months or years before causing a long list of seemingly-unrelated health symptoms. If you know you have mold at home and are working to get rid of it, it’s also important to flush it out of your body using essential oils, probiotics, homeopathic remedies, and/or other types of cleansing.
Got mold? Got oils! There’s nothing like Thieves for eliminating mold problems, but you need to be smart about it to make sure you get rid of mold completely.
Thanks for reading!
The information contained in this mailing is not intended as medical advice and should never be used to diagnose, treat or prescribe for any health condition. If you have questions about your health or medical concerns, please consult a medical professional.
Arlene Anisman, M.Ed., CCA, DCEP